It is hard to believe that I have completed two months worth of my internship already. Sometimes I do not know how time flies by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday the students walked into the classroom for the first time, I was unsure of their names, personalities, etc. And now I have been with them for 8 weeks and their first 9 week period is almost upon us.
There is one thing that I have realized though throughout the past 8 weeks of teaching, this is truly the profession I want to be a part of for years to come. I have not had one single day go by that I have felt as if I have not made a difference in someone's life. Grant it, I know every day that goes by I will not make leaps and bounds of differences in children's lives, but I can see how much the students have learned, how much they are enjoying their school days, and I can also see how far they have come since the first day of school.
I must admit that I can also see how much I have grown as an educator since the beginning of the year. I now know what is required of a teacher on a daily basis, and I know how stressful it can be at times. I have to say I never realized how much hard work and time goes into report cards. It was definitely an interesting experience, and I also discovered how difficult it can be to grade a child on an Outstanding, Satisfactory, and Unsatisfactory scale. This was a new experience, and it made me see how much easier it is to calculate a grade based on a percentage scale. However, this was a great experience to have and I am glad that I was able to be a part of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment